Elevated paver patios are complicated. They involve pavers for the flatwork, retaining or seating walls, steps, lighting, and often other elements like fire pits and outdoor kitchens. Elevations and grading change constantly. Some of the questions that need to be considered:
- What are the finished grades and elevations?
- How many steps are required?
- Are conduit for electric and plumbing required?
- How and where will it be drained?
- How does the patio tie into the foundation?
- Is flashing and waterproofing required?
- Will there be railing or fencing attached to the patio?
- How will erosion be handled? Geogrid?
Follow along on this tutorial from our friends at Cambridge Pavers as they go over the steps to creating an elevated patio using Cambridge paving stones and wall systems.
If you need materials or advice for your Long Island masonry project, Astro is here to help! Stop by our Deer Park showroom and outdoor displays to pick up pavers, wall stone, base materials, and more. Delivery available!